Q. What is a courtesy card? Do I need one?
Courtesy cards are for Alumni and non-BGSU affiliated library users. However, if you are a cardholder of another OhioLink institution, you can borrow materials via OhioLink without a courtesy card.
In the MLSRA, courtesy card privileges include check-out of any open-stack, circulating materials. Sound recordings and other circulating closed stacks materials are not available to be checked out with a courtesy card. However, all sound recordings and videos are available for in-house viewing and listening.
Extra Bonus Information!
- Any Ohio resident may apply for a courtesy card for borrowing privileges at the University Libraries. Please ask at the main circulation desk of Jerome or Firelands Libraries for an application.
- Courtesy cards may be used by applicant only -- there are no corporate, group, or family cards.
- If applicant is under 18, the application must be signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- The fee is $25.00 per year. This fee is waived for BGSU alumni.
- Courtesy Card patrons may borrow most BGSU Jerome Main stacks materials and have limited OhioLINK borrowing privileges.
- Courtesy card borrowers do not have remote access to the online research databases.
- Some special collection materials (for example: CDs and DVDs) are not loaned to Courtesy Card holders.
- Courtesy cards are valid for one year, but privileges must be updated at the end of each academic semester.
- Courtesy Card and Photo ID must be presented at time of application, and every time materials are borrowed.